Alaska Seafood Chowder | Crockpot
Crockpot recipes are not only easy for anyone to put together, they are also AMAZING for ANY time of the year!! So if you’re looking for an Ultimate Alaska Seafood Chowder for family and friends this season, then this recipe is for you! Bring in your fresh catch this Summer and turn it into this savory dish using your favorite crock pot!
Alaska Seafood Chowder Recipe
Prep: 30 Min | Cook: 4 Hours | Ready: 4 H 30 Min
ULTIMATE ALASKA SEAFOOD CHOWDER INGREDIENTS:
- 1-2 lbs Alaskan Smoked Salmon and/or fresh Alaskan Halibut cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cups Alaskan Razor Clams (optional)
- 1 cup Alaskan Scallops
- 1 cup uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped (optional)
- 6-8 med potatoes cubed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon seasoning (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste (to taste)
Now Let’s Cook!
- Cook and brown bacon in a skillet over medium heat until cooked all the way through (5-8 minutes). Drain all excess grease (not into sink- use disposable cup with paper towel). Return to medium heat.
- Stir in onion and garlic with the bacon until the onion is cooked through (until it’s translucent- approx. 5 min). Transfer the mixture to a slow cooked.
- Pour chicken stock into slow cooker. Mix in the potatoes, corn, carrots, and celery into the slow cooker. Season to taste with black and red pepper flakes.
- Set slow cooker on high, cover, and cook for approx. 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, stir in Alaskan Halibut, Scallops, Shrimp, and Salmon. Cook for an additional hour.
- Stir in evaporated milk into chowder mixture and heat thoroughly. Serve and enjoy! Makes approximately (10) servings